myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.3 Status
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 20:30:35 GMT
Hi

> @Leo
> all right!
> I would also like to cleanup some code in the new branch (unused stuff,
> commented very old code and else...)
> Can i do that? What about code in the "shared" project? It it also used in
> other projects?

Yes, a cleanup could be good, but in the past we have already done part of
it. It is clear that now CDI is a requirement, so the code that check for
CDI before do something can be bypassed.

Shared is used historically by tomahawk and orchestra. The idea is do
maintenance releases only, but probably we need to do one or two of
tomahawk for JSF 2.3. Since CDI was adopted by Spring, there is no need to
update this part (replaced by deltaspike).

Really, i like to quality and performance of myfaces but the code really
> needs a little bit cleanup in some places.

Yes, well, I'm used to the code as is, but a bit of cleanup doesn't harm.

> @Mike
> yep, we should consider this in some months.

Yes, I agree.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe