myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Hank Ibell <hwib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA MYFACES-4022
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 21:12:33 GMT
Hello,

I tested MyFaces on WildFly and WebSphere Liberty, and it looks like
FlowBuilderCDIExtension is not shared between different web applications
that are not in the same EAR.

Here is what I see from WildFly:
######################################
WildFly: Deployment of an EAR with the two web modules:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension is shared between the two web modules

11:40:36,826 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-5) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: *Extension
org.apache.myfaces.flow.cdi.FlowBuilderCDIExtension@cb0c841b*:
11:40:36,827 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-5) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: Found flow Producer for Producer Method [Flow]
with qualifiers [@FlowDefinition @Any] declared as [[BackedAnnotatedMethod]
@Produces @FlowDefinition public
internal.FlowFactory.defineTestFlow(@FlowBuilderParameter FlowBuilder)]
declared on Managed Bean [class internal.FlowFactory] with qualifiers [@Any
@Default]
11:40:36,884 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-5) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: *Extension
org.apache.myfaces.flow.cdi.FlowBuilderCDIExtension@cb0c841b*:
11:40:36,884 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-5) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: Found flow Producer for Producer Method [Flow]
with qualifiers [@FlowDefinition @Any] declared as [[BackedAnnotatedMethod]
@Produces @FlowDefinition public
internal.FlowFactory.defineTestFlow(@FlowBuilderParameter FlowBuilder)]
declared on Managed Bean [class internal.FlowFactory] with qualifiers [@Any
@Default]

######################################
WildFly: Deployment of two separate web modules: FlowBuilderCDIExtension is
different for each web application

2015-12-16 13:56:16,328 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-4) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: *Extension
org.apache.myfaces.flow.cdi.FlowBuilderCDIExtension@fee8cb50*:
2015-12-16 13:56:16,331 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-4) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: Found flow Producer for Producer Method [Flow]
with qualifiers [@FlowDefinition @Any] declared as [[BackedAnnotatedMethod]
@Produces @FlowDefinition public
internal1.FlowFactory.defineTestFlow(@FlowBuilderParameter FlowBuilder)]
declared on Managed Bean [class internal1.FlowFactory] with qualifiers
[@Any @Default]
2015-12-16 13:56:16,430 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-3) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: *Extension
org.apache.myfaces.flow.cdi.FlowBuilderCDIExtension@988bd32f*:
2015-12-16 13:56:16,430 INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-3) HWIBELL:
FlowBuilderCDIExtension: Found flow Producer for Producer Method [Flow]
with qualifiers [@FlowDefinition @Any] declared as [[BackedAnnotatedMethod]
@Produces @FlowDefinition public
internal2.FlowFactory.defineTestFlow(@FlowBuilderParameter FlowBuilder)]
declared on Managed Bean [class internal2.FlowFactory] with qualifiers
[@Any @Default]

The results from WebSphere Liberty are the same. Does anyone the best place
to verify the lifetime of a CDI Extension instance?