myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting the "class" Attribute for Custom Tags
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 22:07:26 GMT
Bill,

I'm responding to your message on the dev mailing list.  I'm hoping
you're also subscribed to that list.

Your proposal sounds fine to me.   If it's controversial in any way,
we can make the behavior configurable via a context-param in the
web.xml file.

Please open an issue and attach a patch with the change.  If at all
possible, please include a test as well.

I don't know if this is related, but one of my co-workers hit a
problem with "class" in EL under tomcat this week.  Turns out that EL
doesn't support a property name that is the same as a java keyword.
This might be a rabbit trail though as I'm not sure that EL is
involved at the component property level.

Current Page Class    : #{cisBM.currentPage.class.name}

The exception (which may only apply to tomcat servers) is:

javax.el.ELException: The identifier [class] is not a valid Java
identifier as required by section 1.19 of the EL specification
(Identifier ::= Java language identifier). This check can be disabled
by setting the system property
org.apache.el.parser.SKIP_IDENTIFIER_CHECK to true.