myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Rory O'Donnell" <rory.odonn...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Apache MyFaces dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:26:10 GMT
Great, thanks Mark.

Rgds,Rory

On 23/06/2015 15:37, Mark Struberg wrote:
> I’ve checked core api + impl with 1.8.0_45 and didn’t find anything popping up.
>

> find . -name „*.jar" | xargs $JAVA_HOME/bin/jdeps -P -jdkinternals
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> Am 22.06.2015 um 19:29 schrieb Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>:
>>
>> MyFaces encompasses 11 subprojects, so it's going to take a lot of
>> resources to check all of them.
>>
>> I know that there was a dependency fixed for the MyFaces Tomahawk
>> examples to the sun image package in the last couple of months.
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>> I quickly checked but had not enough spare time to dig deeper.
>>> Probably doing in the next days.
>>>
>>> Txs for the ping though, higly appreciated!
>>>
>>> LieGrue,
>>> strub

for dependencies on JDK-Internal APIs ?

popular dependency for other open source projects.
analyzing open source projects like yours to understand usage. One area of concern involves
identifying compatibility problems, such as reliance on JDK-internal APIs.

more common usage patterns of JDK-internal APIs to supported public interfaces.  The list
is on the OpenJDK wiki [0].

about your usage of  JDK-internal APIs and to encourage migration towards supported Java APIs
if necessary.

APIs.

to actually test or run your application on JDK8.  JDeps(Docs) looks through JAR files and
identifies which JAR files use internal APIs and then lists those APIs.

can contact the provider and let them know of the upcoming changes. You can then either work
with the provider to get an updated library that won't rely on Internal APIs, or you can find
an alternative provider for the capabilities that the offending library provides.

reflection, service loaders and similar mechanisms.