myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject PostAddViewEvent - must it be fired on postback again?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:53:11 GMT
Hi (Leo),

i wonder if the PostAddToView-Event must be called again on postback if the
component was already available on the initial request?

I developed a PostAddToView listener for PrimeFaces to dynamically add a
maxlength attribute to the input components.
I expected that the PostAddToView event will only be fired once and not
again on postback.
This is exactly what happens in MyFaces, but it will be called again on
postback in Mojarra.

I created a ticket for Mojarra but they say that it works as designed ->
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-3516

What do you think is the correct way?

Regards,
Thomas