myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Dora Rajappan <dorarajap...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] A new module for improved JSF-MVC inside MyFaces Project
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 16:34:09 GMT

*Regarding #{ma:sourceActionURL('renderOptions') : render the URL of the action
How is the URL rendered? Through the RequestMapping of the method as defined with the Bean?
And the attribute, params of the action defined are appended to the URL?

For $.post with this URL, when its not appended with the attribute or params, execute="@form"
attribute of ma:defineAction is not used.
Purpose of this attribute out of scope of jQuery post?

*autocomplete is transient and hence its not required to update viewstate

Script integration via jQuery with action is flowless and awesome!

Regards,
Dora Rajappa

On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:13 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

DR>> How about @ViewAction("/section1", action="exportExcel")

It will not work because you can't change the annotation definition.
In other words, we should make "action" parameter a reserved one.
Also, the parameter by itself can have a converter or validator or a
EL binding, so you need to define that too. That's why @ViewParam or
something that define the parameter is required.

regards,

Leonardo