myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'title' attribut not being rendered using <h:selectOneMenu>
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 15:34:53 GMT
Hi

I have checked the code and this is something that should be
specified. But it seems to be a but because in the renderkit javadoc
of javax.faces.SelectMany/javax.faces.Listbox it says this:

"... In both the case of the "option" element or the "optgroup"
element, the implementation must pass the UISelectItem or
UISelectItems corresponding to the SelectItem bean to the call to
ResponseWriter.startElement(). ..."

That has the effect of render passthrough attributes from f:selectItem
and f:selectItems. It should be valid to use something like this:

    <h:selectManyMenu id="menu">
        <f:selectItem itemValue="One"/>
        <f:selectItem itemValue="Two" pt:title="Title Two"/>
    </h:selectManyMenu>

I'll fix that.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe