myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core][discuss][proposal] Include View Pooling into MyFaces 2.2.x
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 20:17:12 GMT
Hi

It seems we have an inconsistency between what was proposed to enable the
view pool and the inclusion of the new parameter.

At start we have this:

org.apache.myfaces.VIEW_POOL_ENABLED (enable / disable for all pages in the
app, by default false)

But if we use an attribute in f:view like "oamEnableViewPool", aiming to
select the views that will use the pool, the previous param does not look
good because it overlaps the attribute.

In this case, I think it is better to keep things simple and remove the web
config param and let the pool to be enabled only through the attribute or
the entry in faces-config-extension. I'll do that.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe