myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From abc <nikhilscin...@gmail.com>
Subject Null Pointer exception in java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom
Date Sat, 13 Jul 2013 00:40:59 GMT
I am getting the below exception when we access JSF pages concurrently by
more than 10 users on a Tomcat. I am using JSF 2.0 (My faces 2.0.5 ) and
rich faces 4. Please note it happens randomly and there are no steps to
recreate this error. I started noticing it when we ran load test of 10
concurrent users on my application.

The exception is as follows

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet faces threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.Class.isAssignableFrom(Native Method)
        at
javax.faces.component.UIComponent$EventListenerWrapper.isListenerForSource(UIComponent.java:1111)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl._traverseListenerList(ApplicationImpl.java:2092)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ApplicationImpl.publishEvent(ApplicationImpl.java:522)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage._publishPostBuildComponentTreeOnRestoreViewEvent(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:436)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage._publishPostBuildComponentTreeOnRestoreViewEvent(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:454)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage._publishPostBuildComponentTreeOnRestoreViewEvent(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:466)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.buildView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:349)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:66)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor361.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:269)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:301)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:283)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:56)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:185)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:349)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor360.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:269)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:301)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:230)