myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Spam
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:29:45 GMT
Something is still not set up right for wiki editing.

While anyone in the AdminGroup can edit pages, someone in the
ContributorsGroup still cannot.

I suspect we might need the $projectwiki.py updated as per [1] in
order to allow ContributorsGroup to edit pages by default.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#Enabling_per_wiki_override_of_ACLs

In the short term, add people to AdminGroup if they need to edit the wiki.

Also, there's very little indication of what has to be done in order
to get permissions to edit the wiki.
I think I'll add a line on the folowing FrontPage "Community and
Context / With a little help of our friends" section stating:

* To Edit This wiki -- request wiki contributor status from the
MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org> mailing list.

It'd be great to make this more obvious, but I'm not certain how.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Matt.
>
> I've added your as an administrator.
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mike, as far as I know I have been the other guy deleting spam pages.  You
>> can add me as an administrator if you like, id MattBenson.
>>
>> Matt
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't have time to do much testing of this right now, but Gavin has
>>> reconfigured our wiki.
>>>
>>> I've added Leonardo as an administrator as his is the only other wiki
>>> id that I know.
>>>
>>> I searched my mailbox for recent wiki contributors and added them to
>>> the ContributorsGroup.
>>>
>>> If you send me your wiki id, I'll add you as either a contributor or
>>> administrator as desired when I get back later today.
>>> It'd be nice to have a few more administrators listed just in case.

, no