Hello Everyone,

 I have a page that uses UTF-8 and another that use BIG5.  Each of these pages contains some Chinese characters.    The problem I'm having is that
MyFaces seem to be adding  "&#" to the front of each of these characters and returning their int representation.  This is being done in the UnicodeEncoder.  This only
seems to happen with a third party tag ( not a core MyFaces tag ).

I've been debugging through and it looks like if we are not UTF-8 then we do this unicode encoding.  The tag being used just seems to use the MyFaces HtmlResponseWriterImpl and
then render what is returned and in this case it ends up being the unicode in the format &#(int representation of chinese character)

An example call stack:

org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.util.UnicodeEncoder.encode(UnicodeEncoder.java:75)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlResponseWriterImpl.write(HtmlResponseWriterImpl.java:896)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRendererBase.renderOutputText(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:143)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRendererBase.renderOutput(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:104)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTextRendererBase.encodeEnd(HtmlTextRendererBase.java:79)
at com.ibm.faces.renderkit.DefaultAjaxRenderer.encodeEnd(DefaultAjaxRenderer.java:83)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:535)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:626)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:622)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:622)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponent.encodeAll(UIComponent.java:622)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.view.JspViewDeclarationLanguageBase.actuallyRenderView(JspViewDeclarationLanguageBase.java:347)
at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.view.JspViewDeclarationLanguageBase.renderView(JspViewDeclarationLanguageBase.java:186)
at org.apache.myfaces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:263)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:85)
at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)

Is this the intended behavior? How to work around it? I've ensured that the following is in the JSP:

<%@page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=BIG5"
pageEncoding="BIG5"%>
<%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>

Any help is much appreciated!!!!