myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core][discuss] Is it worth to include Stateless JSF / View Pooling concept into MyFaces?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 21:55:37 GMT
Hi

2013/2/5 Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.thomas@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> from the performance perspective, it's a great feature. 8% and more are
> really much.
> On the other hand, i thought it would be more improvement (like 15-20%).

That's the point. It is because the previous improvements done that the
difference now is only 8%.

> I don't know about the maintenance effort, maybe it would be better to
> search optimizations in other places.

In this moment we have exhausted almost all the possibilities. We can
always improve the code, but in my opinion the gain if possible will be
very small (less than 1% or 2%).

>From maintenance perspective, the problem is that the hack requires some
changes in the component classes (specifically give the ability to reset
the state). So, it is necessary to change third party libraries to make it
work, and at the end the scope of the technique will be limited.

Is maintenance a problem? in my opinion only if there is enough people
interested in use the code proposed.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe