myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@apache.org>
Subject [core] changes over SPI interfaces for JSF 2.2 (deprecate LifecycleProviderFactory and introduce BeanLifecycleProviderFactory)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 23:19:48 GMT
Hi

Since we are working in MyFaces Core 2.2, it is a good time to do a cleanup
over all
our SPI code. This means do the following tasks:

- Deprecate LifecycleProvider2 / LifecycleProviderFactory and implement it
properly
in org.apache.myfaces.spi package (create BeanLifecycleProviderFactory, use
an
abstract class, ...)
- Move and update/fix all classes from org.apache.myfaces.config.element to
an
spi.config.element package.
- Remove all references to spi.impl package from spi related classes.
- Group all classes that are public from impl module (spi and others) into
a module that
specify the integration points between myfaces impl and application
containers.

Note this change will make MyFaces Core 2.2.x not compatible with existing
integration
code in application containers for 2.1.x . Anyway, by changes done in JSF
2.2 we need
to do some changes in that part too, so this problem anyway is expected.

The benefit of the changes proposed is provide just a single module to know
the
entry points to customize the behavior of myfaces core.

This is the only chance we have to do this change, because that part of the
code only
can be changed between major releases of JSF.

If you have something to say, this is a good moment do it. If no
objections, I'll proceed
with the necessary changes.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe