myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: servlet-3.0
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:52:45 GMT
What is the spec requirements for 2.2?   If 2.2 doesn't insist on
servlet-3.0, then I'd make it a soft dependency rather than a hard
failure.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Thanks Thomas, sounds reasonable. Though there is still myfaces-2.1.x which runs perfectly
fine with only servlet-2.5

> This is really only required for JSF-2.2. Now I personally assume that people start using
JSF-2.2 in production around Q3 next year (2013). And until then I hope that all people who
really are eager to use JSF-2.2 moved on to servlet-3.0 already ;)

> Not sure about big banks, etc which still use EE5 containers and upgraded 'manually'
(placing myfaces into WARs). But those companies will switch to JSF-2.2 earliest 2014 and
I'm not exactly sure what we can expect then. Most probably all users/customers are on EE6
then at least.

> LieGrue,
> strub

MyFaces-2.2 due to myfaces-shared HtmlInputFileRenderer.