myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StateSaving review
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:30:06 GMT
Hi

2012/11/15 Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
> Leo, I'm ok with a revert. But not to your version but to the original JspStateManagerImpl!
>
> Really, this currently feels so overcomplicated without giving much benefit. It would
have been perfectly enough to remove the viewId String and replace it with a XORShift random
value if you don't trust the sequencer.

> I know one goal was to abstract out the state between client and server. But that doesn't
mean that we end up with Object, Object and do hardcoded upcasts as done right now in the
code. This is no improvement over the original code. The windowId change would have been 30
LOC btw.

It is fine if you want to change the implementation to make something
better. What's not fine, is that you want to work in 2.1.x branch
directly, that is right now in maintenance stage. So, you are doing
all kind of refactorings, and that makes me crazy. The last release
was done on 23/Sep/12 and I'm doing 1 release each 2 months. Your
changes will take longer and I need time to review them, because I
will not do a release over changes that I have not seen.

My idea is start a release process next week. Why don't you take your
time?, instead you try to do changes without any clear direction.

In this moments, we are starting the necessary steps to work on 2.2.x.
You should be working in 2.1.x-client-window branch !!!!!

regards,

Leonardo Uribe