myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject [VOTE] switching MyFaces-2.0.x to maintenance mode
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:25:09 GMT
The JSF-2.0 spec came out in early 2009. There is a clarification/bugfix release 2.1 of the
spec available since over 2 years now and we actively maintain MyFaces-2.1.x

Thus I like to suggest moving MyFaces-2.0.x into maintenance mode.

It's purely crazy that we backport any change from 2.1.x to 2.0.x still. This is perfectly
fine for heavy bugs of course, but not for new enhancements and 'featuers'. As we've seen
recently this introduces bugs which are avoidable.

Maintenance mode means that we will fix blockers and security vulnerabilities like we still
do in 1.x if required. But we will not do any further development.

[+1] move MyFaces-2.0.x into maintenance mode
[+0] I don't care
[-1] no, we still need the latest and greatest improvements in MyFaces-2.0.x

LieGrue,
strub