myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gpetra...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] [Core] window-id for myfaces-core 2.0.x and 2.1.x
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:13:12 GMT
hi @ all,

you might know that jsf 2.2 will introduce ClientWindow (= window-id).
besides the basic multi-tab handling (separation), it also allows to fix
state-saving (-> also view-scope) as well as the flash-scope for
multi-tab/window constellations.

since it's an important topic, we should discuss if it makes sense to port
it to myfaces-core 2.0.x and 2.1.x.
e.g. we could >try< to implement it for myfaces-core 2.0.x and 2.1.x with a
myfaces specific api -> the official api provided by myfaces core 2.2.x
could just delegates to it.

besides fixing the mentioned issues, we can also provide myfaces specific
adapters for myfaces codi and apache deltaspike.
users of myfaces-core v2.0.x and v2.1.x would benefit from this optional
feature (deactivated by default) and it allows us to get feedback about the
implementation (and possible issues) even before users start using
myfaces-core 2.2.x.

the disadvantage is that it’s some extra work to do.

regards,
gerhard