myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [Core] window-id for myfaces-core 2.0.x and 2.1.x
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:16:37 GMT
Hi

There is an alternative to do it for 2.0.x / 2.1.x . We can create a
temporal 2.2.x branch that will only contain JSF 2.1 + JSF 2.2
windowId API and then we do milestones releases, which does not
require to be official (no TCK), with some additional identifier. For
example myfaces-bundle-2.2.0-mr-1w.jar or something like that.

In this way, we can just implement the proposal we have for JSF 2.2,
and people could try it, but we avoid the overhead involved in
implement myfaces specific hacks for 2.1. Later, we can backport it to
JSF 2.1(optional), but only after we have a clear idea about how the
implementation should work, and how we can backport it. Does that
sounds reasonable?

regards,

Leonardo Uribe