myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From ayouB __ <ayb-2...@hotmail.fr>
Subject RE: Profiling tool for JSF
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:41:43 GMT

Hi,

I want know if can i measure the memory size of my presentation layer (i give an example with
Adobe Flex cause ActionScript Language is an Oriented Object Language so the presentation
layer can be measured by measuring its patterns which are the ActionScript Objects), can we
do this with JSF and if so what's the most popular plug-in charged to execute that task ?
PS : I'm a new developper on JSF technology :)

Thanks.

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:31:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Profiling tool for JSF
From: kito.mann@virtua.com
To: dev@myfaces.apache.org

Hello,

What are you trying to measure that you can't get from a standard Java profiler? Or are you
just trying to time parts of the life cycle?

On Monday, March 12, 2012, ayouB __ <ayb-2008@hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I'm asking if there is a possibility to do a profiling test for a jsf application (like
what flash builder does for Adobe Flex), my question is about profiling only the prensentation
layer build with MyFaces 2.1.6 + Richfaces 4 not the whole application (as it's known Adobe
Flex is Rich Client which it's not the case for JSF). If so, is there a tool or a plug-in
which does this ?

--
___

Kito D. Mann | twitter: kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
Virtua, Inc. | http://www.virtua.com | JSF/Java EE training and consulting
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info | twitter: jsfcentral
+1 203-404-4848 x3

* Listen to the latest headlines in the JSF and Java EE newscast: http://blogs.jsfcentral.com/roller/editorsdesk/category/JSF+and+Java+EE+Newscast