myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject PERF Discussion: Stateless JSF + HTML rendering
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 07:58:31 GMT
Hia just a general discussion, regarding performance. One of the big
performance impacts is statefulness, now there has been a project

http://industrieit.com/blog/2011/11/stateless-jsf-high-performance-zero-per-request-memory-overhead/

This however is only for Mojarra, shouldnt we target something similar,
one day or the other it will be part of the spec, so targetting this
early might give the mojarra guys a push for going there also.

If you look at the numbers you can see there is a lot to gain by being
able to render pages stateless one way or the other.
I personally think in the typical extranet site, most pages are able to
go stateless and about 5-10% should be stateful, that way we could cover
both.

Another performance issue I still have gripes with is the rendered code.
For a small page we on the average still have way more code rendered
than Mojarra, in some cases up to 40%. Which is a lot.

While we already did some work regarding our onclick event javascript
calls, there is still lots of room for optimization in our code.
For instance we render <!-- --> with all linebreaks and spaces between
link and script tags intact.

Mojarra basically strips all unneeded stuff and renders only the script
and link tags without any blanks.

Werner