myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces master pom v 13
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:45:21 GMT
If we only do this for the checkstyle stuff, then I'm -1, otherwise I'm +1 (don't like to block
other stuff)

Reason: the checkstyle rules still miss the SuppressionCommentFilter and the rules are pretty
much blown up.

This is partly my fault (didn't find time to fix that), but will do now.

The idea is do enable the SuppressionCommentFilter in the checkstyle rules and use

// CHECKSTYLE:OFF
dosomeDirtyStuff()
// CHECKSTYLE:ON

to partly disable the checkstyle verification on a local area.

Instead of this we currently have

        <!-- In MyFaces Core we need methods with more than 10
             parameters, for example when rendering client behaviors. -->
        <module name="ParameterNumber">
          <property name="max" value="20" />
        </module>

which is really only needed for 1 method I think ;)

Will move this back to max 10 and add the comment stuff.

LieGrue,
strub