myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Internal Incubator
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:23:53 GMT
besides labs (see [1]) i agree for the existing gsoc projects like:
 - component library for html5 components
 - webapp-test btw. webapp-test2 (manila)
 - codi-rad

i'm perfectly fine with a) since the basic topic was the >quick<
community check.
-> we should start a new thread for checking potential participants.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://markmail.org/message/c6vcpqbdpqygjwkt

2011/11/2 Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:
> Why incubator for Gsoc projects?
> IMO that's wrong.
>
> Move stuff like that to Labs: build code and get releases out (release
> often, release early)
> Once there is interest - by some "community" decide where to go:
>
> There some options, like:
> a) Going to the incubator - start to build a community around it ( the
> new experimental code base)
> b) if it makes sense, integrate it with existing MyFaces code (e.g.
> partial state savings improvements etc)
>  (or make it Apache MyFaces subproject)
>
> -M
>
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Gerhard Petracek
> <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i think we should stop the vote and re-visit the original thread at [1].
>> there we could discuss the name and we could re-visit the option to
>> use the asf incubator directly (for gsoc projects).
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/d7oogfabvliwn7fg
>>

>> 2011/11/2 Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>:
>>> thx matt for the links
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> gerhard

also associated with rules and legal stuff. We should encourage people to contribute, instead
of scaring them away. "Sandbox" or "labs" sounds encouraging and accessible. But perhaps we
should discuss/vote the name in another thread and first focus on the idea...