myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Bohmann <bernd.bohm...@atanion.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Internal Incubator
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 10:28:56 GMT
Ok,

if there is no real difference between Apache Incubator and Apache
MyFaces Incubator,
I have to change my vote to

-1

especially a have a problem with:

All code donations from external organisations and
existing external projects wishing to join MyFaces enter through the
MyFaces-Incubator.

This is the Apache Incubator role.

Regards

Bernd

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Gerhard Petracek
<gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi bart,
>
> as mentioned [1] by mark it's also about ip clearance [2].
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/201110.mbox/%3C1319274310.93350.YahooMailNeo@web27807.mail.ukl.yahoo.com%3E
> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF powerhouse -
> JSF Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German
>
> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>

> 2011/11/1 Bart Kummel <bart@kummelweb.nl>
>>
>> +1 for the idea!
>> I agree with Bernd about the name. For me, "incubator" is also associated with rules
and legal stuff. We should encourage people to contribute, instead of scaring them away. "Sandbox"
or "labs" sounds encouraging and accessible. But perhaps we should discuss/vote the name in
another thread and first focus on the idea...