myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Internal Incubator
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:32:20 GMT
FWIW:

-1

why introducing yet another level of "incubation" process ?
I find it (very) problematic trying to be in some sort of
"competition" w/ the Apache Incubator...
(even if the discussed targets here are JSF specific)

Why not simply "moving" future (MyFaces) GSoC directly to the Apache
Labs project  ([1])?!
For there, just start coding and releasing (alphas etc). The new
release process is straightforward
and not heavyweight - so (alpha) releases are cheap.

-M

[1] http://labs.apache.org/

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Bernd Bohmann
<bernd.bohmann@atanion.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> if there is no real difference between Apache Incubator and Apache
> MyFaces Incubator,
> I have to change my vote to
>
> -1
>
> especially a have a problem with:
>
> All code donations from external organisations and
> existing external projects wishing to join MyFaces enter through the
> MyFaces-Incubator.
>
> This is the Apache Incubator role.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd
>

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Gerhard Petracek
> <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi bart,
>>
>> as mentioned [1] by mark it's also about ip clearance [2].
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> [1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-dev/201110.mbox/%3C1319274310.93350.YahooMailNeo@web27807.mail.ukl.yahoo.com%3E
>> [2] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>>
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Consulting, Development and
>> Courses in English and German
>>
>> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>>

>> 2011/11/1 Bart Kummel <bart@kummelweb.nl>
>>>
>>> +1 for the idea!
>>> I agree with Bernd about the name. For me, "incubator" is also associated with
rules and legal stuff. We should encourage people to contribute, instead of scaring them away.
"Sandbox" or "labs" sounds encouraging and accessible. But perhaps we should discuss/vote
the name in another thread and first focus on the idea...

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf