myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] MyFaces jsf.js integration tests hosted on apache extras
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:00:19 GMT
Ok I now have a preliminary statistics page online, so if someone wants
to do it, he can integrate  it via selenium.
All which has to be done is

a) run the entire testsuite with selenium in a browser engine (please no
htmlunit, that has a fair share of bugs itself)
b) analyze the final result page for errors and be done.

I am for now wont do the integration myself, I want to concentrate
myself to get other tests in.

Werner

Am 10/7/11 9:13 PM, schrieb Werner Punz:
> [...]
>
> b) a precondition method is called (currently not overwritten)
> if this method returns false then the test has failed and the execution
> on the test is stopped
>
> c) a run method is called which performs some runtime operation, in our
> case the ajax call is started
>
> d) a postcondition now is called after the ajax cycle has successfully
> completed which does the asserts
>
> e) a tearDown method is called internally
>
> Any error from the ajax side also would make the test fail
>
> Most of the tests follow this pattern, some inherit the standard
> testcases to adjust the control.
>
> Currently the tests simply are analyzed on group level and the logging
> output and final result of each group test are put into the browsers
> console and a console logging area.
>
> I will refine the API more now that I know other people are interested,
> but let me finish the server side statisitics collector first.
> Then I will stabilize the api, I am in some aspects still not quite
> happy with it. So expect some changes in the upcoming 2-3 weeks.
>

> Werner
>

> Am 10/7/11 4:16 PM, schrieb Mike Kienenberger:
>> Werner,
>>
>> Well, I think I've answered my own question regarding the maven issues
>> -- changing the version from 2.1.4-snapshot to 2.1.3 makes things
>> work.
>>
>> One thing I noticed is that your starting link location of
>> "http://localhost:9080/TestScripts/" seems to be a broken link. Using
>> http://localhost:9080/ and going from there seems to work.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Mike Kienenberger<mkienenb@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Werner.
>>>
>>> Since I have had a lot of "wait" issues with ajax + Selenium testing
>>> my own JSF apps, I tried to take a look at what you were doing to see
>>> if I could write my own app jsf tests using your new framework.
>>>
>>> However, I am getting the following installation/build errors. I'm
>>> still on ant as I've never taken the time to learn the intricacies of
>>> maven, so I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix them. I'm
>>> guessing it's because snapshot files don't exist in the public
>>> repositories? So I'd either need to build my own snapshot files and
>>> install them as directed, or re-point maven to a specific released
>>> build version?
>>>
>>> Also, am I right in thinking your framework can be used for generic
>>> JSF app testing? Or is that some future goal not yet achieved?
>>>

>>> 1) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:2.1.4-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Path to dependency:
>>> 1) com.mycompany:IntegrationJSTest:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> 2) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:2.1.4-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> 2) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-impl:jar:2.1.4-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Path to dependency:
>>> 1) com.mycompany:IntegrationJSTest:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> 2) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-impl:jar:2.1.4-SNAPSHOT

I am