myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] why f:ajax render="@all" don't update <link> tags?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:00:52 GMT
It actually is not a bug but a huge spec hole.
The spec is rather open what happens, it just says,
body and head will be replaced. Now, the head is not replacable you just
can simulate it.

What happens to onload handlers is left entirely open.
The problem i have with divergence to mojarra is, that we would
deliberately break component sets which rely on a certain behavior in
the ajax case for initialisation and on onload handlers for normal page
refresh initialisation.

This should and can only be done on spec level I think, or in a combined
effort on both impls to change the behavior.

Werner