myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Nicolucci <pnico...@us.ibm.com>
Subject [Discussion] MYFACES-3375 - MyFaces can incorrectly determine that Portlets are not supported
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:05:31 GMT

Hello Everyone,

I've opened MYFACES-3375 and would like to propose a solution and receive
some feedback.  The proposed solution is as follows:

1) New Class PortletBridgeDetector
	- bridgeEnabled() - This method will use the Application Class loader
to determine if a Portlet Bridge Class is available in the container and as
such can be used to determine if Portlets are supported.

2) Class ExternalContextUtils.isPortlet - This MyFaces class/method should
be updated to get an instance of the PortletBridgeDetector and then return
the value of the PortletBridgeDetector.isEnabled().

We should be able to use the meta-inf/services discovery pattern to point
to the implementation of the PortletBridgeDetector that the user wants to
use ( WebSpherePortletBridgeDetector, ApachePortletBridgeDetector etc ).

What does everyone think about this proposed solution?  I'd like to start a
discussion about it, once agreed upon a solution I'll work to implement and
test.

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci
IBM - WEB Components