myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AbstractHtmlPanelTabbedPane#getUIComponent - what is it doing?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:22:22 GMT
In the most basic form, a UINamingContainer is what generates the x:
prefix in your component ids.

ie, form:something:somethingelse:_id12 has three UINamingContainers:
form, something, somethingelse.

In more technical terms, it creates a new namespace for the ids of the
components that it contains, so that those ids only need to be unique
inside the container.