myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed Tests in 2.0.x and 2.1.x and UIComponent.findComponent contract is not correctly implemented
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:35:16 GMT
Hi Bernd

I have checked the problem against the algorithm implemented in 2.0.x
and I see the problem. The spec does not define if this method can be
overriden, so that details was ignored on MYFACES-3268, and all known
tests doesn't check that part. It seems we need to sync the algorithm
in 1.2.x with the code in 2.0.x, which was enhanced.

What I see is the case that fails is:

:data:1:command

The base when a findComponent expression starts with ':' is
UIViewRoot, the algorithm found it, then it found data, but the code
does not delegate to data, instead start looking from data.

This is the patch agains 2.0.x branch:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12500202/MYFACES-3268-3-fix-delegation.patch

Note the overriden method on the test case has a problem, because the
call for findComponent does not assume the id of the map should be
attached.

I have seen other changes on 1.2.x, but I think we should copy the
code on 2.0.x/2.1.x to 1.2.x (changing the separator stuff). Do you
agree with this fix?

regards,

Leonardo Uribe