myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Inclusion of MyFace API in javaee-api jar
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:13:20 GMT
the myfaces-api is the ASF impl of javax.faces.*.

But otoh the JSF api design makes the api depending on small internal classes which make the
myfaces-api work with just the myfaces-impl. Same with Mojarra. At least that was the case
the last time I tried that shortly ;)

Of course you can run apps which are compiled against the myfaces-api also with mojarra and
vice versa.

Thus I'd say you can include it IF you don't want to be able to run Mojarra on tomee instead
of MyFaces.

LieGrue,
strub