myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] extend maximum allowed line length from 120 to 160
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:59:42 GMT
Hi Volker,

I already fixed 1111 issues in myfaces-core-api and about another 1000 in myfaces-core-impl
(not only line-length).
We had a lot lines which even exceeded the 160 chars, but I was really tired already and relaxed
my own local checkstyle rules to 160 chars now.

But since you are a MyFaces Committer (even PMC) too, I'm perfectly
fine with 120 if you could volunteer and fix another 600 checkstyle issues
because of that - thanks a lot in advance!

It's pretty easy. Just go to myfaces/core/impl and run

$:> mvn checkstyle:check -Pcheckstyle

you then get all the checkstyle errors in a file

$:> less target/checkstyle-results.xml

just search for 'error'.

txs again and LieGrue,
strub