myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [trinidad] cleanup
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:06:17 GMT
Well just because something is depth aged doesn't mean we can remove it.  It
just means that an alternate means is suggested or something may not work
exactly as expected if used.

A Prime example is ExternalContextUtils.  That guy has been around since JSF
1.1.  It contains lots of functionality that wasn't present in later
versions of JSF, but now is.  Use of the native objects should be
encouraged, but there is also something to be said about older code being
able to migrate easier to a later release.

Now I DO agree with removing the JSDoc and possibly the deprecations in the
impl, but I think it's important to keep any deprecations in the API for
backward compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 5, 2011, at 4:32 AM, Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>