myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javascript docs
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:43:50 GMT
Hi the jsdoc is just more or less a command line tool (actually a jar)
I have yet to investigate the links to maven, Leo did some work there.
I am personally not very much in favor of running our own tool as long
as we can get away with jsdoc. This is another codebase to maintain
which I want to try to avoid. But if someone wants to come up with the
work and wants to build our own custom doc solution, go ahead.
I am in favor of any solution, jsdoc just looked sane to me, because it
is use widely and maintained and can be leveraged to our codebase as it
seems, with a set of meta annotations.

Werner

Am 25.07.11 19:30, schrieb Bernd Bohmann:
> Hello Werner,
>
> is the jsdoc produced by a maven plugin? Or is the output somewhere in
> the target directory? If yes, it should be not a problem to use the
> jar plugin to package the js docs.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Werner Punz<werner.punz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I only can guess here since I dont know if jsdoc can generate jars, but my
>> assumption is that we have to roll our own custom plugin.
>> This is still less work than to write our own javascript doc parser
>> or to adjust an existing codebase.
>>
>> Werner
>>

>> Am 25.07.11 18:26, schrieb Leonardo Uribe:
>>>
>>> Hi Werner
>>>
>>> Yes, I was expecting that. The problem is how to generate an artifact
>>> that should be attached to the pom.xml, so it is deployed on maven
>>> repo when is generated, without write a custom plugin.
>>>
>>> regards,

I can

I will merge