myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Jhoanna Lao" <Jhoanna....@osr.nsw.gov.au>
Subject NullPointerException when calling returnFromDialog
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 06:39:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a window that opens another window which then opens another window (Window 3). When
I'm trying to call returnFromDialog from Window 3, it sometimes throws a NullPointerException
on this line:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeMap.discard(PageFlowScopeMap.java:341)
 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.popPageFlowScope(PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.java:106)
 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.RequestContextImpl.returnFromDialog(RequestContextImpl.java:125)

The NullPointerException is being thrown on this line:
_sharedData._parent._sharedData._children.removeOldEntry(childToken, storeMap);
because the children attribute is null.

I tried to debug the code and whenever I have my breakpoint on this line, I am able to replicate
this exception.

What I have found so far is that the returnFromDialog creates a new request to close the window.
This new request is setting the children attribute to null in the getToken() method. Whenever
the children attribute is nulled before the removeOldEntry is called from the discard() method,
I get the NullPointerException.

Is this a JSF bug or is there something I'm doing wrong with the dialogs?

I am currently using Trinidad 1.2.7.

Regards,
Jhoanna

The information in this e-mail is intended for the named recipient only.
It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose, copy, distribute, take any action or reliance on it.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

Warning: E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The recipient
should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender does not
accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.