myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Html5 Component Library - Alpha Release
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 01:13:13 GMT
I'll see if I can't cough up an example later tonight.

On Mar 19, 2011, at 7:09 PM, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com> wrote:

No, your not getting me.  MyFaces-shared-orchestra does not exist in MyFaces
shared, it exists in Orchestra..  That's where I got the process I used in
early releases of the 3.0 bridge and Matthias used in Trinidad.  The
difference is that for these other modules, he shared is build during
PROJECT building/release whereas with tomahawk, it is done during the shared
release.

(ie. You will never see a "shared-bridge" in the shared package.  It exists
only in the portlet Bridge's impl package.)

On Mar 19, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.com.tr> wrote:

Hi,

Ali, I think I'd suggest actually doing this like Trinidad, Orchestra, and
> the Portlet Bridge do this in that they actually download the main "shared"
> and instrument to code when THIER impl builds.

Yep, that is what "myfaces-shared-html5" build is doing, just like
"myfaces-shared-impl", "myfaces-shared-tomahawk" and
"myfaces-shared-orchestra" (of branch 2.0.x). They are also submodules of
"myfaces-shared", and they are released with it.

If that's not acceptable, you can simply install your new shared project
> under trunk and use that.

First, it was like that: the "myfaces-shared-html5" was a submodule of Html5
project. However, as Jakob suggested in another thread, that project is
better to be a submodule of myfaces-shared, just like others.

I think myfaces-shared (in fact, in this case only the submodule
myfaces-shared-html5) release is necessary, since the submodule
myfaces-shared-html5 is a dependency of Html5 project and it is not released
yet.

Thanks,
Ali