myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Html5 Component Library - Alpha Release
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:16:14 GMT
AFAIK, tomahawk is the only project that does it that way.

I suppose my question is this.  Is html5 going to use every release of
shared or will it only uptake a release when it needs to?  If the
later, then all it really does is take up extra space in svn.

On Mar 20, 2011, at 7:09 AM, Jakob Korherr <jakob.korherr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi scott, ali.
>
> As ali mentioned, it was my idea to put the shared html5 module into
> the shared project. And this is the way it should be IMO. Look at
> shared_impl and shared_tomahawk for example.
>
> Also: there is no need to split up the shared and the html5 release.
> They can be done together. For reference: look how Leonardo did the
> last MyFaces core releases in the wiki.
>
> If you want, Ali, I can help you with the release next week!
>
> Regards,
> Jakob
>
> Am Sonntag, 20. März 2011 schrieb Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com>:
>> I'll see if I can't cough up an example later tonight.
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2011, at 7:09 PM, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> No, your not getting me.  MyFaces-shared-orchestra does not exist in MyFaces shared,
it exists in Orchestra..  That's where I got the process I used in early releases of the 3.0
bridge and Matthias used in Trinidad.  The difference is that for these other modules, he
shared is build during PROJECT building/release whereas with tomahawk, it is done during the
shared release.

>> (ie. You will never see a "shared-bridge" in the shared package.  It exists only
in the portlet Bridge's impl package.)

>> On Mar 19, 2011, at 6:59 PM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.com.tr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Ali, I think I'd suggest actually doing this like Trinidad, Orchestra, and the Portlet
Bridge do this in that they actually download the main "shared" and instrument to code when
THIER impl builds.

>> Yep, that is what "myfaces-shared-html5" build is doing, just like "myfaces-shared-impl",
"myfaces-shared-tomahawk" and "myfaces-shared-orchestra" (of branch 2.0.x). They are also
submodules of "myfaces-shared", and they are released with it.

>> If that's not acceptable, you can simply install your new shared project under trunk
and use that.First, it was like that: the "myfaces-shared-html5" was a submodule of Html5
project. However, as Jakob suggested in another thread, that project is better to be a submodule
of myfaces-shared, just like others.

>> I think myfaces-shared (in fact, in this case only the submodule myfaces-shared-html5)
release is necessary, since the submodule myfaces-shared-html5 is a dependency of Html5 project
and it is not released yet.

>> Thanks,Ali
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ali, I think I'd suggest actually doing this like Trinidad, Orchestra, and the Portlet
Bridge do this in that they actually download the main "shared" and instrument to code when
THIER impl builds.  That way you don't have to release "shared".

>> If that's not acceptable, you can simply install your new shared project under trunk
and use that.  I would wait until HTML5 is ready for a release before releasing the shared
project.
>> Scott
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2011, at 6:12 PM, Ali Ok <aliok@aliok.com.tr> wrote:
>>

>> Hi all,
>> Can someone experienced help me with releasing the first alpha of the project?
>>
>> Code is at  <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/html5/> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/html5/>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/html5/
>>

>> Project uses a new "myfaces-shared" project : "myfaces-shared-html5"[0]. Since myfaces-shared
version which I moved myfaces-shared-html5 (4.0.6) is not released, first it needs to be released.

>> Thus, for building the project, I needed to install myfaces-shared-html5 on my local
repository.
>> May be we should discuss the further process of the release of Html5 project, after
discussing/doing the new release of myfa