myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Koci <martin.kocicak.k...@gmail.com>
Subject [core] performance: ELResolvers filtering
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:29:15 GMT
Hi,

after few months I have time to do some performance optimalization for
myfaces.

This one is related to topic
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg49177.html

Problem:
how to disable ELResolver smartly? Adding a context-param for each is an
overkill.

But we have https://cwiki.apache.org/MYFACES/elresolver-ordering.html in
codebase already. I propose to add new feature "ELResolver filtering"
and new context-param:

<context-param>
  <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.EL_RESOLVER_PREDICATE</param-name>
  <param-value>org.foo.bazz.ELResolverPredicate</param-value>
</context-param>

Filter is simple instance of org.apache.commons.collections.Predicate.

For application where no ManagedBean(Resolver) is used or no Flash, user
can simply return false from Predicate.evaluate and ELResolver won't be
installed.

WDYT?

Regards,

Kočičák