myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [myfaces site] community information
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:59:57 GMT
Hi!

First of all: thanks Bart, that would be way cool if you could help us with pimping our documentation!

For the legal question:
Actually contains of 2 parts:
All people who like to write articles in our Wiki need to have a CLA [1] on file. This is
just to make sure that the ASF cannot get blamed for 'stealing' things from somewhere. Just
send the signed&scanned iCLA to secretary@apache.org and that's all from the ASF side.

The other legal aspect is if you can reuse parts of your book. Please ask for the ok of your
publisher. Usually that's not a big deal because they are happy about such ads ;) But it has
to be done, just to make sure.

All: I know the wiki/CMS is a community project, but if the contribution is homogenuous and
reaches a certain size, then I think we can also add a preposition containing something like
"Parts of this article are taken from and based upon Bart Kummels Book 'Apache MyFaces 1.2
Web Application Development', packtpub publishing 2009". Not sure how we express the grant
to publish it on our wiki though...

All, is this ok from a community perspective? Bart i,s this ok from an Authors perspective?
Any more input? Or should we check with legal or board to be sure?

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt