myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which one should be used : Mojarra vs. MyFaces
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:40:50 GMT
Am 20.01.11 12:14, schrieb Agam Dass:
> Hi,
> We are also using myfaces for JSF 1.2 reference implementation in our UI
> framwork project. Now we have a push that we should replace it with
> Mojarra project implementaion. What do you suggest about these two
> implemenations w.r.t. JSF 2.0.

Best bet is to make your ui framework work on both impls and if you run
into bugs where one thing works while the thing on the other does not
then please immediately post a bugreport so that we can fix it.
That way you can switch over to one impl or the other as the need arises
(which is often imposed by management not by quality criteria)

The implementors on both impls work hard to deliver a solid experience,
so it is hard to tell which implementation is the better, of course I am
biased in favor of myfaces naturally, but you will get the answer
towards Mojarra in a mojarra centric forum.

I personally think that both implementations of JSF 2.0 are by now
pretty mature so it is really hard to give an preferences here for one
of those.

just my 2c

Werner