myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Classloaders and component boundaries
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:21:36 GMT

On Dec 7, 2010, at 4:42 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Isn't the single EAR classloader the parentClassLoader of the WebApp ClassLoaders? I
do not really undrestand the problem here... Using only 1 classloader for the whole EAR (including
webapps therein) would make the re-deployment of single webapps impossible. But this is needed
as far as I remember the spec...

Could you quote something?  I've never seen any requirements even vaguely resembling this,
geronimo has never implemented anything like this, and we've certified a lot of versions.
 Recently several of us have looked carefully at the ee spec and think that 1 classloader
per ear is definitely allowed.

thanks
david jencks