myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From MAX STARETS <max.star...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad 2.0: Should we provide release notes about having to disable partial state saving with Facelets
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:15:35 GMT
Blake,

Andy and I have discussed this offline a bit, and his preference was we
do not hack the flag
to be off explicitly (he thought it would create even more confusion).
He also suggested that we look
at fixing the issues in Trinidad sooner rather than later. The users are
getting the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase._getRendererImpl(UIXComponentBase.java:1299)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase._cacheRenderer(UIXComponentBase.java:1279)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.__rendererDecode(UIXComponentBase.java:1193)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decode(UIXComponentBase.java:724)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXForm.processDecodes(UIXForm.java:71)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildrenImpl(UIXComponentBase.java:1081)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildren(UIXComponentBase.java:1067)
     at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.processDecodes(UIXComponentBase.java:839)

It is caused by the absence of the render kit Id on the view root after
state restoration.

*Gabrielle*, I thought you have prototyped a fix for this issue a while
back. Do you have the the code somewhere?

Thanks,
Max