myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From MAX STARETS <max.star...@oracle.com>
Subject Trinidad 2.0: Should we provide release notes about having to disable partial state saving with Facelets
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:33:59 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I think we need to do something about the fact that any Facelets
application with Trinidad 2.0
will fail in a very non-obvious way unless partial state saving is
disabled with the following context
parameter:

<context-param>
<param-name>javax.faces.PARTIAL_STATE_SAVING</param-name>
<param-value>false</param-value>
</context-param>

I see two options:

   1. Document it prominently in the release notes
   2. Try to "fake" the parameter in Trinidad code as always being set.

I am not sure if (2) is feasible, but the advantage would be that the
users will not have to manually re-enable partial
state saving when we resolve the compatibility issues.

Opinions?

Max