myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: viewId handling with multiple forms on a page
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:43:11 GMT
Am 13.12.10 14:47, schrieb Mark Struberg:
> Hi folks, Werner!
>
> I had a bug in myfaces-2.0.1 but I'm not sure if it got reported and fixed already.
>
> If a page contains more than 1 view (in our case a 'quicksearch' form and the standard
form) and my main form does an AJAX request, the viewId in the quicksearch form did not get
updated (leading to a new ViewMap, etc).

> Do you know if this problem got fixed, or should I contribute a sample for it?
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub

Hi Mark I added some fixup code on the javascript side, basically a
render or execute in one of the other forms fixes the viewstate
handling. There also is a config param which enforces an update all
forms in the page with the new viewId behavior.
But in the end this needs to be cleared up on the spec side by changing
the protocol slightly. I already raised a bug on the spec bugtracker for it.
Note we have the same behavior as mojarra here but are more flexible
because we cover more corner cases than the mojarra fixup code does.

Werner