myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Possible problem in FacesConfig ordering
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:43:24 GMT
I'm finding a tck problem around FacesConfig ordering.  I haven't figured out if this is caused
by the geronimo integration or myfaces itself but I think there's something odd in the myfaces
code.

DefaultFacesConfigurationProvider line 461 has

                    getDispenser().feed(getFacesConfig(appConfigResources, nameSlot.getName()));

getFacesConfig can return null if it doesn't find a FacesConfig with the supplied name:

    private FacesConfig getFacesConfig(List<FacesConfig> appConfigResources, String
name)
    {
        for (FacesConfig cfg: appConfigResources)
        {
            if (cfg.getName() != null && name.equals(cfg.getName()))
            {
                return cfg;
            }
        }
        return null;
    }

but the feed method starts off:

    public void feed(FacesConfig config)
    {
        for (Factory factory : config.getFactories())

assuming a non-null argument.

Whatever the cause of the null I'm seeing returned from getFacesConfig this doesn't seem right.

thanks
david jencks