myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] UISelectItem(s) questions
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:22:46 GMT
Hi Kočičák,

1) and 2) I guess UISelectItem(s) is considered a POJO and thus
doesn't provide this method(s). Furthermore you can have multiple
UISelectItem(s) for every component and so you need a way to combine
all those! Thus I think this stuff is considered to be done by impl
and not be present in api - however the spec tells you how to do it,
maybe this part should be more clear!

3) Actually I don't know. I can remember that we added them first, but
afterwards discovered that Mojarra's javadocs [1] don't include those
methods. Thus, in order to be binary compatible with the Mojarra API,
we removed them and used the attribute map. Maybe this is a spec
issue, but I really don't know.

Regards,
Jakob

[1] https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/2.0/javadocs/javax/faces/component/UISelectItems.html