myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From <neum...@ijet.com>
Subject RE: ext-bv addon: Required Initialization for labels required change
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:40:12 GMT
Hi Rudy,

I am using both property and bean validation. The labels of concern, though, are annotated
using @Column(...nullable=false). So perhaps we've discovered my issue. Thanks!
I will drop in the non-bean validation version and see how that works.
Is there any reason why I can't/shouldn't use both?

Finally, the target component is standard JSF.

Thanks!
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Rudy De Busscher [mailto:rdebusscher@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:40 AM
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: ext-bv addon: Required Initialization for labels required change

Hello Ben,

I made a few checks and within my examples everything works (they don't use Richfaces however).
 Can it be that you are mixing some environments ??

The line of code
ExtValUtils.configureComponentWithMetaData(facesContext, targetComponent, ExtValUtils.getTransformedMetaData(facesContext,
targetComponent));

is typical for the usage WITHOUT bean validation.

Are you using bean validation annotations (like javax.validation.constraints.NotNull) on your
properties?

If not, there exists also an add-on for the non bean validation version.

Is the target component a richfaces faces component or a standard JSF one ??

I try to check with a RichFaces component tomorrow.

regards
Rudy.