myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [core] FacesEL vs. UEL vs. UEL 2.2
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 09:03:33 GMT
I strongly recommend using the following artifact instead of javax.el:

            <dependency>
                <artifactId>geronimo-el_2.2_spec</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
            </dependency>

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Fri, 10/1/10, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [core] FacesEL vs. UEL vs. UEL 2.2
To: "MyFaces Development" <dev@myfaces.apache.org>
Date: Friday, October 1, 2010, 1:54 AM

Hi

2010/9/30 Martin Koci <martin.kocicak.koci@gmail.com>

Hi,

there is a disorder in Expression Lauguage names in myfaces core.

Currently myfaces (method

javax.faces.validator._ExternalSpecifications.isUnifiedELAvailable() for

example) output a log:

"MyFaces Unified EL support enabled"

But this is a little misleading: there should be "Unified EL 2.2 support

enabled" because it tests presence of EL 2.2. "Unified EL support

enabled" does not make sence at all because JSF use Unified EL as core

technology and that cannot be disabled.

There are three major versions of ELs:

1) javax.faces.el - old and depreceated

2) javax.el 2.0, 2.1 (from JSP 2.0, 2.1)

Isn't javax.el version 1.0 on maven repo?

3) javax.el 2.2 from JSP 2.2, part of Java EE 6, EL with method

invocations

Suggestions:

Rename isUnifiedELAvailable to isUnifiedEL22Available,

TagValueExpressionUEL to TagValueExpressionUEL22 and so on.

For EL 2.3 (not released yet) we can add similar methods/classes.

Change log to "MyFaces Unified EL 2.2 support enabled (method

invocations are available)".

I'll add similiar log "MyFaces Faces EL (javax.faces.el) support

disabled"  as part of "disabling "old" technologies"

WDYT ?

Sounds reasonable for me. The message about MyFaces Faces EL
really is not necessary at all in my personal opinion, but if it is added
no problem.

regards,

Leonardo

Kočičák