myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject submit and ajax request will not be queued together
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:26:33 GMT
Hi!

We have a page which renders a confirmation dialogue area with f:ajax and this confirmation
dialogue has a h:commandButton.

Since our view restoration may take a bit it happens that the user might click fast enough
on the commandbutton while the ajax request is still on the server. Thus we might have 2 parallel
requests on the same @ViewScoped bean. This is even more troublesome if we use CDI @ConversationScoped
beans.

We looked at the jsf.js and it seems that although concurrent f:ajax requests get queued the
submit via the commandButton hits the server unqueued.

Is this behaviour in sync with the spec?

There is a workaround to also only use f:ajax with commandButtons, but since I have to use
this all the times it could be easier to queue submits also.

LieGrue,
strub