myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ann: MyFaces Ajax Fileupload and how to use it
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 11:39:11 GMT
Btw. Martin, I already gave Ed all the needed info and code on how to
implement it so that they can get everything into the spec for 2.1
(which hopefully will happen)

I think the entire issue of not being able to support a fileupload in
the non ajax and ajax case in stock jsf has been going on for way too long.

Roger Kitain also has my proposals for the queue control, I dont know
what the status on this is, since the richfaces guys have something very
similar but with the addition of being able to have multiple queues
(which btw. opens a can of worms regarding the component tree
synchronisation and viewstate handling)

Werner

Am 05.08.10 12:38, schrieb Martin Marinschek:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am saying this in a broader scope - not only for the AJAX features.
> But our AJAX features which do make sense out of the box (and this one
> does) could also be enabled like this.
>
> best regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 8/2/10, Werner Punz<werner.punz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Martin this would make only sense if we had a bunch of features which
>> can be turned on via such a switch, which we donĀ“t from my perspective
>> because the queue control features which we have internally
>> cannot be turned on switch like but have to be configured with params
>> like myfaces.config.delay = 300
>>
>> What maybe would make sense is some kind of myfaces:ajax tag which is an
>> extended f:ajax tag which exposes all new features.
>>
>> something along the lines of
>>
>> <myfaces:ajax delay="300" timeout"200" execute="..." render="..." />
>>

>> Werner
>>

>> Am 01.08.10 21:42, schrieb Martin Marinschek:
>>> Perfect.
>>>
>>> Can we talk about having the context param STRICT_COMPATIBILITY_MODE
>>> again, where this is disabled, and if the param is set to false, this
>>> feature is enabled?
>>>
>>> best regards,
>>>
>>> Martin

I made