myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Korherr <jakob.korh...@gmail.com>
Subject Different settings for different ProjectStages
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:23:45 GMT
Hi guys,

Talking to some users of MyFaces, we found out that it would be really nice
to be able to have web.xml-settings depending on the current project stage.
For example you want to have different error pages for Development and
Production.

Imagine there is the config parameter org.apache.myfaces.MY_PARAM. Now you
want to use 3 different values for this parameter, depending on the project
stage. So you can set org.apache.myfaces.MY_PARAM.DEVELOPMENT for the
development value, org.apache.myfaces.MY_PARAM.PRODUCTION for the production
value and org.apache.myfaces.MY_PARAM for the default value (all other
stages).

To accomplish this we could introduce a web.xml-settings manager, which
handles this lookup. With the help of this manager we could get rid of the
usual "lookup" via ExternalContext and use the manager instead.

What do you think?

Regards,
Jakob

--